Job Description for Design Engineer/ Senior Design Engineer/ Lead Designer
Summary/Purpose: The Design Engineer will be responsible to develop designs for Solid Carbide round tools to meet standard, special tools and custom solutions requirements. He/she also will be responsible to get approval for his/her designs with the Head of Engineering/ Product Manager
- Understand the need of the customer from the data sheet & translate the need into a product design which has got a manufacturing feasibility.
- Execute the design, with guidance from senior engineering resources,
- Validate the design by Alpha Testing or in house testing,
- Re-iterate the design based on feedback from Alpha testing and submit a final product to the customer for onsite/ Beta Testing.
- Develop new lines and designs based on foreseeing customer requirement.
- Benchmarking of designs of competition for Product Management
- Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG/ Third wave) & Proprietary Design Software’s.
- Well versed in project management, MS Office.
- Work with design team to improve the productivity of the design team.
- Engage with manufacturing, sales and product management to showcase our design core strength.
- Work seamlessly across other functions to help meeting the organization goals &objectives.
- Prepare design disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive edge to the business and apply for IP/ Patents.
Salary: To be decided based on experience and capability of the individual (Max 6 to 7)
Industry: Manufacturing Industry.
Functional Area: Design, Product Development.
Role Category: Design Engineer.
Key skills: An attitude to continuous learning, good communication and problem solving ability
Desired Candidate Profile:-
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3 years of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis / Scientific / Technical Position.
- Having a sound knowledge of tool design, materials and coating process.
- Exposure to cutting tool design and Engineering related activities
- Knowledge of cutting tool/ machine tool/ fixtures & vibrations.
- Experience in cutting tool design
- Understanding of Technical Regulations & Standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- UG: B.Tech /B.E. – Mechanical
- PG:M.Tech – Mechanical